VP of Underwriting
We are Looking for "VP of Underwriting"
Position: VP of Underwriting
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Keystone Funding Inc. is a non-depository financial institution whose vision is to disrupt the mortgage lending industry by leveraging technology, deploying innovative strategies, and maintaining a commitment to our culture and core values. We believe in making a difference in the communities we serve. We value providing good jobs to great people, and we strive to impact our customers' lives positively. Our customers include our employees, clients, and families who trust us to provide financing for their homes.
- Responsible for oversight and management of workflow of all underwriters
- Oversee the assignment and distribution of files to underwriters and manage the overall workload – including load balancing and management of rush requestsDevelop KPIs and monitor staff performance against stated objectives
- Act as the senior-level resource for underwriters and answer procedural, product, or systemic questions as they arise
- Identify process optimization opportunities
- Review underwriting reports ensuring adherence to Keystone Funding Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in client underwriting meetings
- Contact agencies and investors with questions regarding documentation received
- Effectively communicate with professionalism and urgency with internal team members and external broker partners with any issues
- Participate in the hiring process of future Keystone Funding Underwriters, including interviewing, providing feedback internally, and making candidate decisions and/or recommendations.
- Provide management-level performance feedback to all members of the Underwriting Team.
- Provide progressive disciplinary action when necessary.
- Management of the internal and external credit guidelines and matrices.
- Works closely with Post Closing Manager to identify and remediate loan defects.
- Participates in the Senior Executive Meetings to share departmental objectives and gather requirements from sales and other operational leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4-5 years of supervisory experience over a Mortgage Underwriting team
- Minimum 6-7 years’ experience and working knowledge of underwriting FHA, VA, USDA, Non-QM/Jumbo and Conventional loans
- Valid and current FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) and SAR/LAPP Certifications.
- Proficiency running and interpreting automated underwriting system (AUS) recommendations required
- Proficiency in all agency guidelines, including USDA, FHA, FNMA, FHLMC and VA
Keystone Funding, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.